Monday, April 5, 2010

Bert Mondays: Let's Do This One For Bert


Hi friends. The Muppet Madness Tournament has reached the final round, and Ernie and Bert are vying for the championship against the frog, a dog, a bear, and a whatever. Normally, I want Ernie to win in everything, and, in his relationship with Bert, he usually does. Now, Ernie wins because of sheer nerve and incorrigibleness. It's not that he's always logically or justifiably right; he simply perseveres in his good cheer. Sometimes it almost makes you feel bad for Bert, who is equally admirable in his ability to stick to his principles, boring as they may be.


So I say this time, let's make this silly tournament victory happen for Bert. Ernie, of course, will reap the benefits, but when I cast my vote today and for the next few days, I do so in honor of the downtrodden, the long-suffering, the adorably pointy-headed Bert.

No comments:

Post a Comment