Monday, November 16, 2009

Bert Mondays: What Makes a Monday Exciting?

Excitement on a Monday is generally hard to imagine. I suppose a court date could make Monday exciting, but a court date means working all weekend, thus making Monday not even a Monday, but a sort of evil Wednesday in an extra-long week. On a regular Monday, I find it hard to muster excitement even for the most interesting task. The Ernie in me would love a circus or a birthday party, but, as my most Bert-like friend would say, "this is a place of business." In a place of business, you only get birthday parties on Fridays, and circuses are rarer, I suppose, than cats who don't wake you up by sitting on your head and begging for food.

Bert's sense of what makes a day exciting is very well suited to Mondays and very appropriate for a place of business. The only thing more apt is his love for paperclips, which we will discuss some Monday in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment