Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Therapy

After a particularly frustrating couple of days in the real world, I am tempted to find a clip in which Bert gets so angry at Ernie that his head explodes. I feel like a Bert whose head could explode at any moment. I have realized, however, that I should not take out my frustration on Ernie, who is my favorite. Besides, Bert gets frustrated at Ernie because Ernie is exuberant and messy, not because he is incompetent and lazy.

With this enlightenment circling my nearly exploded head, I have instead chosen to embrace something that makes me feel good. This song is one of my favorites. It captures Ernie's most endearing qualities: his desire for adventure and his love of his own life and the people in it. It makes me happy, and happy is what I need.


No comments:

Post a Comment